Moving partialy downloaded files between computers

szlovak

Hello

I've downloaded some files for seeding them. It were a few rar archives , not complete archive. Then I wanted to seed them on second computer. So I've checked other files to be skipped. But utorrent made some blocks missng. So let say I've downloaded 50MB (let say one rar archive among others making some iso image), and utorrent made from theese files only 40MB of data on second computer. So I've decided to seed from the first computer, and there were also some parts missing. So anyone knows how to move partially downloaded files for seeding to other computer without a must to dowload missing parts again?

Sometimes pieces spread of multiple files. Say you have File 1 downloaded and didn't download File 2. If you then only copy File 1 to the other computer File 1 might be incomplete because it didn't find the part of the last piece that overlaps with File 2 and thus removes the piece completely.

In other words. Copy all the files when moving them including the files you marked to skip in µtorrent.

not at all. I seeded about ten torrents with only few rar archives completed in each one. All data is 100% OK. I think it has to do with utorrent temporary data that are in "documents and settings/user/application data" folder and *.dat files in download locations.

Nope.

Those files only contain settings, DHT info and resume info but no actual data. Deleting those files would NOT cause data to disappear. Deleting or corrupting those files could cause µtorrent to lose its settings or the current torrent list or you might have to re-hashcheck all current torrents but thats about it.

Archived