problem with utorrent and xbox networking

hemmer

This isnt a question about anything i have downloaded or anything illegal...

I have my xbox networked to my pc and my problem is that when utorrent is running and downloading anything at all no matter how slow it seems that my ftp connection from my computer to my xbox is SUPER slow but its running on a 100mbit link. Now when i turn utorrent off or pause all transfers i get 8-10MB/s transfer between my pc and xbox.

my setup is 1 nic dedicated to the xbox 100mbit link using crossover cable and 1 usb wireless internet connection and I have bridged them to give the xbox network and internet access.

Basically EVERYTHING works perfect unless i download/upload anything with utorrent as soon as i pause it I get full speeds from my xbox and when its on even if i were downloading at 50kb then my transfers from the xbox go as slow as 100kb rather than 8MB/s

Please help if anyone knows what the problem could be I have tryed a few things and nothing seems to work I know that I can just turn off utorrent but that isnt really solving my problem since I need to leave it running 24/7

If you need anymore info just ask.

dht is off already, and i dont see a peers tab or a place to disable ip resolve is that in the advanced?

I am thinking that it might have something to do with having a network bridge that maybe the internet bw use is effecting the network bw use but it shouldnt since i only have 10mbps internet and I have a gbit ethernet connected to my xbox, and the usb wifi for internet.

I'm having the same type of problem, but it seems that using other bit torrent client is just the same. When any transfer starts, my LAN slows down and my internet too. if i ping a web site i can see the latency grows when the transfer begins. And it's not a bandwidth problem, i have 100 Mb unlimited connection.

I really don't know what to do.

EDIT: my tcpip.sys is patched, i can have max 100 connections, but without the patch i have the same problem.

When 1 part of window's networking gets hosed by overloads, it tends to mess up everything on the box networking-wise. So it doesn't really surprise me that when the wireless part gets overloaded that there's some side-effect of that even on the LAN-based wired connection between that same PC and the X-Box.

you are also using wireless for internet xenix?

I guess that may be the problem is the wireless is overloading but the only thing about that is it doesnt matter if im downloading at 10KB/s or 500KB/s it still messes up the link between the pc and xbox unless i completely just stop all transfer of internet.

hmm then it must not be my wireless that is giving the problem because you have the exact same problem as me :( even uploading or downloading very slow it effects the speeds unless i hit pause all downloads on utorrent then the speeds shoots up to full again :(

couple of things i wanted to add because i have been dooing some testing it seems that uploading doesnt effect anything im uploading at 200KB/s right now and i am getting 6MB/s ftp transfer to my xbox also maxing out my line with http downloading doesnt effect it iether it only seems that downloading using utorrent slows the connection :( now i am really clueless

For me it seems that only uploading slows down my internet connection and LAN. When i start downloading i don't have anything to upload (up speed 0KB/s) and everything works fine. After 1-2 minutes i begin uploading and this messes up my connection. I've also contacted my ISP to see if they have any problems .

Your networking equipment is rated for 100 megabits/sec max. The connection at best can only reach that speed, so in that regard it is not unlimited. However for your pings to go up so much at very low fractions of max speed...is like you say, something on your end is causing slowdowns.

I'd think firewalls doing packet inspection...even a 'lite' firewall built into a router or ICS.

Archived