university blocked private tracker download.php

admin1392249995

basicaly, i can use public trackers no problem.

seeding and leeching is fine. but when i click on the download.php on a private tracker

the browser download manager just hangs, for hours with no activity

i was wondering if anyone knows any ways around this?

obviously proxys dont work as it still comes in through university network

right click and save as renaming the ext and file doesnt work either.

only 2 ideas i had is to somehow download the torrent to a webspace, rename it and try that. so it wont be coming into the university

i dont know how to go about this either.

the other idea is open the torrent in the browser, copy the text and paste it into notepad, save as .torrent.

but i dont know if this is possible either

thanks

Who's to say your university is even blocking by file extension? For all you know, they could be blocking by actually scanning the file itself and determining what to do with it then ;\

And since you're behind the university's cache system, that makes it even more likely, as they have to download all data that goes from outside in and store it on their server first.

i cannot get someone to email me the torrent files, as it is a private tracker and login is required

(or that would have been an excellent idea)

so if they are scanning files the only 2 options i can think of:

1) somehow download the torrent to a webspace so it doesnt come through the uni network, rename it/zip there and then download it

2) somehow open the torrent in the browser, copy the data and paste it into notepad, save as .torrent.

not sure if either of these are possible, which is why i asked you pro's!

does anyone know a possible way around this?

please!

or maybe a forum that might be able to help i.e. a php forum as they know how the download.php script works and how to manipulate it etc

You will need to find this out on your own, or at least my knowledge is only very basic on the topic...so maybe someone else can help.

I can say that with proxys and VPN your potential download and upload speeds will be rather low, as they have to both download *AND* upload everything you do.

Archived