My speed SUCKS!!!..

Nuriko

HELLO....

I have a problem with my torrent speed I know it's a common aproblem but here's my information so u know the reason why I'm sending this message!>_<

I have DSL.

DOWN SPEED:512(supposed to be)

UP SPEED:don't exactly know.

I don't have any firewalls.

I already did portfowading.

My slow speed is 5-10kb/s.>_<

I'm using Linksys router WAG54G.

I don't know the deffrence but I copied it exactly like the one I saw after I finshed the speedtest (they gave the numbers with kbps)

what's the deffrence?!

P.S/(I did the speed test again and the numbers were changed to {down:239kbps & up:26.9})

I don't know the deffrence but I copied it exactly like the one I saw after I finshed the speedtest (they gave the numbers with kbps)

what's the deffrence?!

P.S/(I did the speed test again and the numbers were changed to {down:239kbps & up:26.9})

try the openoffice org torrent, they should rocket along!!

The speed of torrent differ, it's due to a few circumstances, swam size, others upload speeds, etc

It might just be a slow(ish) torrent, or your isp might be traffic shaping?

The openofiice.org torrent will let you know if its just that particular torrent.

Actually, you have a VERY low upload speed and should probably use the xx/64k or xx/96k setting instead.

The theoretical MAX download speed possible for a 512 kilobit/sec line would be 64 KB/sec. However, overhead costs of maintaining LOTS of connections at once as well as just the internet protocols will likely reduce that as low as 50 KB/sec. A straight file download from a website (which just opens 1 ip-to-up connection) would probably max out close to 60 KB/sec.

What does openoffice software exactly do cuz I'm downloading it now!!!

does't increase my down & up speed or something....??

however>>((I can live with my speed right now cuz it reches 50kb/s from time to time but nowing it's not normal for a DSL 512 user that what's REALY getting on my nerves))

openoffice is like a non bloated open source office program (spreadsheets, etc) not exactly the same as MS office tho!!

You were asked to DL it because it highlights possible connection problems (potentially anyway!)

As switek said, the speeds you should expect are about 50KB/s for a 512 connection.

I have a 1 meg connection and usually top about 100KB/s, so 50KB/s for you would be fine.

Also, because I misread your speeds, try adjusting the speed guide to what Switek suggests, xx/96k.

If you use the xx/64k your downloads will be limited to about 30 KB/s

30 KB/sec max is still alot faster than what Nuriko initially reported in download speeds.

true, however, if with the xx/96k setting he can get a stable speed of around 50 KB/s and still upload at a decent rate, that makes another happy user!! we all want the best speeds possible dont we?? ;)

TY for the assistance switeck, and correcting my potentially horrible mistake with the speeds!!

[EDIT]

Nuriko- NP m8 hope all remains well for you!!

Archived