-Number of upload slots per torrent = 6

26/4=6.5

-net.max_halfopen = *40.

-peer.lazy_bitfield = *true

-peer.disconnect_inactive_interval = *600

These options don't appear on Advanced tab:

diskio.write_queue_size

diskio.read_cache_size

But on subtap Disk cache appear different options.

Some with more experience can tell me if my calculations are OK?

There's possible problems with these settings:

-Global maximum number of connections = 325

-Maximum number of connected peers per torrent = 16

-Number of upload slots per torrent = 6

-net.max_halfopen = *40

With such a high global max connections (of 325) and only 16 connections PER torrent, that means potentially 20 active torrents at once.

With 6 upload slots at once and an upload speed max of only 26 KB/sec...that means once 20 'big' active torrents are running, you could be giving less than 0.3 KB/sec per person you're uploading to...because your upload speed gets split between 20 torrents and between 6 upload slots in EACH of those 20 torrents. (120 total upload slots!)

Such a high net.max_halfopen (at 40) should be unneccessary, at least if you're on less than a 10megabit/sec line. You should be getting quite a few incoming connections anyway if you're not firewalled, and those are not counted against the half open connection rate as far as I know. Also, even if the Operating System can handle the 40 rate just fine, your modem and/or router may not be able to sustain that for hours on end.

Given the roughly correct upload speed max of 26 KB/sec, try these settings instead:

-Global maximum number of connections = 130 (5 times your upload speed)

-Maximum number of connected peers per torrent = 50 (nearly double your upload speed)

-Number of upload slots per torrent = 4 (the default value)

-Max active torrents = 3

-Max downloading torrents = 2

-net.max_halfopen = 8 (the default value)

This roughly corresponds to the xx/256k and xx/384k settings in Speed Guide, but has slightly reduced connections so less overhead should be needed/wasted on each torrent...thus hopefully gets more speed from EACH connection it makes. 1 good peer or seed is worth more than 10 bad ones. :)

Even still, average max upload speed PER upload slot is barely above 2 KB/sec...it's not great, but should give decent download rates on most torrents. Some slow torrents may work better with fewer upload slots...or at least reducing upload slots on 1 torrent may speed another torrent up!

You may be able to use the alternate upload speed while not downloading set as high as 30-36 KB/sec...do some testing on that to see what's stable and what doesn't cause much lag while surfing the web.

I am using these values:

-Global maximum number of connections = 130 (5 times your upload speed)

-Maximum number of connected peers per torrent = 50 (nearly double your upload speed)

-Number of upload slots per torrent = 4 (the default value)

-Max active torrents = 3

-Max downloading torrents = 2

-net.max_halfopen = 40 (the default value)

and my internet surfing is better but continuous slow. How can I solve this problem changing the values above?

Thanks for help.

Archived