PLEASE HELP, UTorrent on broadband speed problems

BestuS

Hi, I've been trying to configure out optimal work for torrent, however, yet I failed. I am not on a DSL connection, I have a broadband (fiber optical) so I do not need a router pointed to my I-net, instructions on the forums written mostly for DSL users, so how I can speed up download if I am on a broadband? Download test 2.5 mb\sec and upload around 300 kb\sec. I tried everything written in the FAQ for speed problems, however it still exists, I have a warning message that I am not connectable.

Please need your help.

Tnx

And what to do if I am on cable broadband, and I do not know what modem my ISP uses? Obviously, I can't open any ports for check up though port checker in speed guide - they are all closed. Please need help how to set up torrent through cable broadband.

Surely you can examine your cablemodem for what brand/make/model it is?

Or can you call up your ISP and ask them? (...and ask them how to configure it while you're at it so it doesn't firewall your internet-using applications and games.)

Software firewalls on your computer also need to be configured or removed.

Even some antivirus/antispyware software now contains software firewalls that may cause problems!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived