utorrent banned

Yes just one, and for no apparent reason aside from a over-zealous admin

There are other private trackers banning it currently and the reason is that the client misreported stats which screwed with the scripts that these sites use to manage users along with all of the other bugs that people were asking tracker admins to deal with for some reason. Some sites are enforcing a temporary ban on the client until such time as the devs produce a actual, stable version instead of the recent builds, all of which should have been labelled as beta software. This is why beta periods typically last longer than a day per version. :rolleyes:

Oh and there's a cryptic reference in the last changelog for a feature that allows a user to opt out of reporting some sort of statistic to the utorrent site. Private tracker admins are going to be understandably concerned about that "feature" until the devs clarify what's being reported.

Basically, if the devs for this program want to be taken seriously by tracker admins, they'll stop releasing changelogs with lines like "- Fix: Changes in tracker communication, is it right now?" and actually set up a tracker to test their software.

Basically, if the devs for this program want to be taken seriously by tracker admins, they'll stop releasing changelogs with lines like "- Fix: Changes in tracker communication, is it right now?" and actually set up a tracker to test their software.

here here.

it`s not banned for nothing, it allows people to cheat with their ratio for one.

and there are more issues with this prog.

if an admin get masjor red flags on his securety protocol and doesn`t have them with most clients I think you can say there`s basicly something wrong.

And people who can`t even log in on a site give feedback you`ll understand that this feedback is valued as 0 % because they don`t know where it`s all about.

Oh and there's a cryptic reference in the last changelog for a feature that allows a user to opt out of reporting some sort of statistic to the utorrent site. Private tracker admins are going to be understandably concerned about that "feature" until the devs clarify what's being reported.

All it does is report how long you've used uTorrent, and the total amount downloaded/uploaded, in bytes. Nothing else.

I think the mistake was, as mentioned, this should have been alpha/beta because as we can see it's not ready for the public just yet...

haha, yeah this pissed off a lot of people.

If the specs are that ambiguous, then test the behaviour of your client against the behaviour of the 'official' bram cohen client , on a tbsource standard tracker( I know it is heavily modded in practice , but it is crazy not to perform your own lab tests) - no one will be able to complain if yours behaves in exactly the same way as bram's.

Well I own Midnight-Torrents And have been testing uTorrent 1.1.2 over the last 2 days. On both my own tracker and lots more. (Some of the big sites) and have not seen any problems with it as yet. In fact its one of the best clients I've used for cpu and memory load. And I'd like to add I'm so impressed I've even added code to identify the client on my peer list.

Also know other site owners who have tested the client and are impressed. But in defence of it being banned, any client that reports incorrect ratio will get banned on private sites, You'd never guess the amount of PM's staff get from ppl when stats go wrong (unless its in there favour).

Anyway keep up the good work.

Archived