port forward successful, yet still have slow speeds.

tohnee

when i did the port forwarding test i got the following:

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 49153 on xxx.xxx.xx.xxx...

OK! Port 49153 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

even though i get that, i still get extremely slow speeds on cable - speeds of around 15k. i also have the red exclamation mark next to dht, it says to check the listen port again because of an error. why do i have slow speeds and still have that red exclamation mark when i did port forward? any help would be greatly appreciated.

i've same problem..i'm using a thomson cable modem and a router NTECH..with the pc linked to the modem i have normal speed download.with the router I don't have more than 1kb/s..already I read here in the forum about the static IP..i think this is the problem..

@ultima; ok, thanks for the suggestion. i'll give it a shot and let you know.

@denim; yeah that is a possibility. though i'm pretty sure there should be a way to fix it if that is the case.

edit; thanks a lot everyone, especially ultima, i changed my port to 49200 and now its working normally again. the problem was the port number being used by another application - i don't know which program is using my other port number (49152) but it doesn't matter cause its fixed :D

Archived