Slow speed even though ports are open

satanssecretson

1) have you used any tcpip.sys patch like lvllord's tcpip.sys patch? if not, use set slow connect to true in advanced settings

2) have you the port you are using forwarded in your router(if you have one)

3) you should have had masked the file names in your screenshot, people can see what you are trying to download ;)

1) have you used any tcpip.sys patch like lvllord's tcpip.sys patch? if not, use set slow connect to true in advanced settings

Doubt this would matter. The tcpip.sys patch just allows higher concurrent TCP attempts and likewise the slow_connect off would make more concurrent TCP attempts presuming the max half-open connections could accomodate it (must be patched for >10 conc. connections). Assuming you were in a swarm long enough (judging by the upload amount and speed, it looks like you were on quite a while), you'd eventually connect to your quota of peers -- it would just take a bit longer.

Which leads me to the conclusion that your global max and/or torrent max connections are set too low. It's a longshot and unlikely, but still probable. Check if your max connection per torrent is at least 50 (I use 60) and I'd say you can get away with 200 as a global, though I don't know your connection capabilities. If it's set too high you may be able to flood your router/modem/network, but it doesn't look like you have enough traffic from that screenshot to do that.

2) have you the port you are using forwarded in your router(if you have one)

Looks like he's using UPnP, so the need for opening a specific port would be unecessary as UPnP would do it automagically. That's assuming your router has UPnP capabilities... You could always try opening a port, disabling UPnP on the client, and tell it to run through that port to see if there's any improvement. Hell, you could probably just try running in the DMZ to see if it's a port forwarding issue altogether.

Also, do you have a software firewall? Windows Firewall disabled? Doesn't look like this is an issue, but hey it's one easy thing to try.

3) you should have had masked the file names in your screenshot, people can see what you are trying to download

Ha, agreed.

It's slow because there are botnets running bittorrent that are sending bad data, in an attempt to slow people's download by flooding their systems with invalid dest. ip addresses, bad data, etc. also known as ddos, try exiting the app and notice how the packets keep coming in.

use some kind of firewall to block these addresses.

Archived