UL speed varies from 45kb/s to 25kb/s

trancekid

I was seeding a file I had just uploaded to a private tracker and for some reason it seems that utorrent was unable to keep a constant UL of 45kb/s and it kept dropping back down to say 20kb/s maybe 30kb/s or even lower than 20 sometimes and it would stay there for around 10 seconds before hopping back to 45. Basically every 10 seconds it would jump from one extreme to another, so I was forced to go back to using Azureus as my main client. I would really love to use uTorrent but I was unable to figure out why this was happening. Has anyone else experience something of this nature or am I the only one so far?

Hopefully there is a quick fix to this, or maybe some of the coding will be redone for the next version and will somehow fix my problems.

I noticed this behavior as well, even though I use identical settings as I have in Azureus. When I look at my Azureus bandwidth log, the upload is virtually flat at the maximum value I have set. It literally doesn't vary more than .5K/s. µTorrent varies anywhere up to 10K/s.

I'm in the same situation where I just uploaded a 4GB+ torrent to a private tracker. I have 12 people connected with 15 slots available and my upload varies from 10kb/s or lower to my max of 70kb/s. Looking at the behavior, it seems like the peers i'm connected to aren't queing up several pieces so they're downloading constantly from me. Instead the connect to me for one piece of the torrent, download it at their max speed which gives me an upload speed spike, then they disconnect and it takes the a while to connect for their next piece. It's not a smooth system where there are pieces constantly being uploaded is what I noticed. I'm not sure where the problem is but at least on my machine with µTorrent v1.1.7.2, that is what seems to be happening.

Archived