Trackers go offline after upgrade

bluey

I have upgraded to uTorrent 1.6.1 build 490 and now ALL the trackers go offline (timed out) after an hour or so. This never happened prior to the upgrade. Have I done something wrong? Just coincidence? Should I (can I) download the older version I was using to solve this problem?

I'm experiencing the same problem. I removed settings.dat and settings.dat.old, and it helps for a few minutes but then it goes back to what is was doing. I never had this problem before upgrading, and in fact everything worked fine before. My port is forwarded and I can't think of any settings that need to be fixed, though I may have overlooked something.

I've also been experiencing some download problems since the upgrade, I'm not sure if it's related. Sometimes when I add a download it will just show the tracker as offline and it won't download, and usually won't start until minutes to even an hour plus later after several attempts at updating the tracker. Again, I don't know if the two problems are related. All I know is that everything worked fine prior to the upgrade. Thanks.

Who knows how or why it happens? I completely uninstalled uTorrent after the upgrade problem.Then I downloaded the new install uTorrent file on the main site and installed that. Everything works perfectly again. This might not work for everyone but it did for me so I thought it worth posting this.

Archived