Port blocking problem

pnave01

I have recently been having very slow download speeds, this i have compared to my friends computer who has the same setup as me but his downloads are much faster then mine.

i have done a speed test and my speeds are good for my cable modem download speed 3000kb/s and upload 258kb/s latency 79ms.

But when i try to test my port forwarding it gets this error message 75% of the time

Error! Port _______ does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

I have opened that port on my router DI - 604 for u torrents use and i have shut off all my virus software (zone alarm, windows fire wall), and i have tried to change utorrent to a different port with no success. All my attempt still result in 75% of the time me getting the error message above.

I have no idea what i could be missing, any help would be appreciated. Also if there is anymore info needed to help diagnose the problem just post it and i will provide it

Does your modem have a router or firewall in it?

Did you actually uninstall Zone Alarm or just try to disable it? (Uninstalling it is the only way to assure it isn't interfering with µTorrent.)

Did you previously get a green light in µTorrent?

Has your computer's LAN ip changed? (if so, your router might be forwarding to the wrong ip now.)

What settings are you using in µTorrent as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

no router in the modem, and yes i did completely uninstall zone alarm but still had the same reaction, so i just reinstalled it.

I usually get a green light.

I dont think the lan ip has changed.

upload limit: 10kb/s

connections (per-torrent): 1000

Max active torrents: 8

Upload slots: 3

Connections (global): 2000

Max active downloads: 5

Archived