This Forum Sucks

H.O.B.L.

I hate to say it but yes it does, I have had just about enough of everyone who is in the know on how to setup Utorrent and I can't believe everyone's arrogance. I asked for help, posted it and got one reply, thanks a lot everyone for nothing. I would like to learn how all of this works but he who holds the power keeps the power, I hope you're comfortable on your thrones. I have read just about everything I can read but unless I get some help, your pretty well screwed. I can honestly say this for every newbie who every posted a thread in this forum, thanks for nothing.

And I can honestly agree with you, for many reasons I've mentioned before. Unfortunately the admin and main-mod are happy with the way they screw everyone over on the forum. I've complained several times about the way locked/trashed topics are handled but nothing seems to change. :(

So I share your sympathy... the people here are helpful when they can be, but sometimes even when they want to be, they can't, because the topic's already locked. >.<

@Falcon4: You fail to realize what his previous (still unlocked) thread was about -- it fits quite nicely into the "FAQ" section of your FLT thread. Just a FYI.

@H.O.B.L.: This is a community support forum. What does that mean? That it's a community of people who have real life to deal with. That if we don't answer threads, it's because we didn't see it (/me waves hand -- that's me), didn't have an answer for it, or there was already an answer posted somewhere else. You obviously didn't read the requisite documents before posting for help, as you wouldn't have set your upload rate to 0KiB/s. A step-by-step guide for setting µTorrent up already exists on the guides page, and another one was written by me in the user manual. If you haven't bothered to check them, then I don't think you have the right to complain to us. And I highly doubt that you speak for all newbies, seeing as how we successfully manage to assist many of them, on our own free time.

That said, if you read the guides, and tell us what you've tried so far, and show us that you actually have read them and set everything up accordingly, we're more than willing to help.

Edit: By the way, with you being on Rogers, there's almost no chance for you to get decent speeds unless you switch ISPs. They throttle BitTorrent/P2P, and they throttle hard.

Edit: "who have a life" --> "who have real life to deal with"

I have read the setup guide but nothing about wireless connections. I have asked and only one person replied. I do have a right to complain, this is a democratic country and I have served my country with pride and with dignity as well as passion in many theatres of operation. I find it hard to believe you say that I don't have a life when I have laid it on the line for people like you, to be able to do as they please and pass on opinions without fear of retribution, I believe in that as well what I don't believe is the hypocritical bullshit you are laying on me, I got a life one that I can at on with pride and one I can look forward too.

I'd like you to point out where I said you didn't have a life. Admittedly, I had my post somewhat worded badly (for which I amended the post and noted the change), but it still doesn't make sense to me how you twisted it to become me saying you had no life.

But either way, wireless connections or not, why would you set your upload rate to 0KiB/s? Why do none of your settings come at-all close to being something the Speed Guide would suggest? If we didn't make a distinction between wireless and wired, does that not indicate to you that there isn't much of a distinction in the first place? There might be minor changes needed to be made, but nothing too different from what the Speed Guide shows. If you simply came to us and told us how you had everything set up before hand, and showed that you read the guides (you never did in your other thread), then Switeck would simply have told you to lower your max number of connections, and everything would have been done with :o

Support is a two-way thing, and if we work to help people by writing guides, then people should try the guides and then come to us and show us they've tried.

Actually, since this is a free service, you have no rights to complain. Now, you can do it, but there's no obligation for anyone to listen (though we -do- listen to valid complaints, but that's because we want to).

And if you've served in the military, that's fine and all, but it's irrelevant to the situation.

OK Guys,

I was a little pissed to say the least but I am man enough to admit that I went over the deep end here in trashing you guys. Yes I did serve in the military and yes I guess I am a little fucked up over it. I am sorry to for the way I handled this whole thing. I understand that this is a free service and it is I who is the hipercrit here. You won't here me complain again, thanks for your replies, I greatly respect the way you gentlemen handled it.

Archived