Can't forward port

jonathanross

I run ZA Pro and wanadoo (orange) SP.

I have tried the recommended ways to forward the port but still get the red error message and the arrow in the download bar is still not green My download speed is under 10.

I'm not too computer literate and would appreciate some advice

Have you checked the FAQ to see if you have any incompatible/conflicting software?

Does your modem contain a mini-router and/or firewall that also needs configuring?

(Use Google to find your modem's manufacturer's website and look on there for that info.)

Please post your internet line's down AND up bandwidth max...and also what settings you're using in µTorrent as shown by the Speed Guide (CTRL+G) window. (overloaded settings combos can cause firewall-like conditions.)

I'm sorry but I must be a right thicko but I don't understand what you mean.

I have a livebox - how do I find out what make my modem is and then what should I do.

What does 'post your internet lines down and up bandwidth max etc' mean.

I should imagine its all basic stuff so please forgive me for being dense.

Your help is greatly appreciated

I have an Alcatel Livebox

My speeds as measured are 738 kb/s download

and upload 197kb/s

I managed to get the green tick on once but I don't know how.

When I went to download again it didn't come on.

I am running AVG free 7.5

Zone alarm pro 6.5.722

utorrent 1.6.1

Thanks for the help

>.>

In the confusion from reading your posts about the Livebox, I forgot to say that I wanted to see the first two octets of the default gateway IP for when you connect your computer directly to the Livebox :| So, can you connect your computer directly to your modem and tell us the first two octets of your default gateway IP address? :P

I decided to start again from the beginning.

I completed the whole of the port forwording setup guide and set up a static ip address, completed all the moves and still get the red sign. However I did notice another gateway number which could be the one you were requesting - the numbers were 62.25. the were shown on my inventel livebox web page.

I get the feeling that this is my last chance as I haven't a clue what to do next.

Thanks for your help

yes I have used both settings for IP connection. Doesn't matter whether I stipulate the IP address or select automatically find it, it makes no difference.

Obviously I must be doing something wrong somewhere.

I've used the tutorial for port forwarding in portforward for the livebox and that hasn't helped.

I've set up a port in ZA Pro ( as explained in one of the threads) whether I've done that correctly I don't know.

I've phoned the help desk at livebox and asked for their advice they were worse than useless.

I've followed the utorrent tutorials and they haven't helped.

Maybe I should start all over - can you assist

Have you tried uninstalling Zone Alarm Pro and counting on your router's firewall instead for temporary protection while you test? (Only 1 incoming port needs to be forwarded for µTorrent to work, and unless your computer is already compromised that is rather low-risk if it's not a "common" port such as port 80.)

I have the same problem. I moved from Tesco.net to Orange 2 weeks ago. I have a orange Livebox-Inventel DV4210-WA, I also use ZA Pro - That is not the problem. I think it is something to do with Orange limiting Bittorrent download speeds. I used to get 50kB/s with a 1/2Meg Tesco connection now I get up to 22kB/s with Orange 4Meg connection. The Livebox router has a built in firewall and I have allowed traffic through via port forwarding. Tried using different ports and IP addresses- same. (Also my upload speed hasn't changed). I defiantly think Orange limit the Bittorrent traffic. I do not want to be stuck with this download speed for a year, so if anybody has an idea how to up the download speed, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Archived