utorrent wont connect

syb388

ive been using utoorent for a couple of months now without any problems, just a couple of days ago i tried starting utorrent but it wont connect at all, i cant start any torrents, the log states "Unable to Map UpNP Ports." im connected directly to the cable modem, no router and i made sure utoorent was allowed by Norton Internet Security which is my firewall.

im using win xp and have NIS 2007

any help would be appreciated,

thanks

Have you updated µTorrent or Norton? (Such changes may cause Norton to detect µTorrent as a new exe and block it.)

Were you using good limits in µTorrent so as not to exceed your ISP's limits both on max speeds any given second and bandwidth quotas per month?

Has your ip changed? (although you have no router, it's still possible the immediate ISP network you're on could have changed somehow to cause your connection to now be firewalled.)

hi im lee from new york and im completely new to this whole thing,its great too i tried to download somehting and the person seeding told me to mp him before i download so he can see it i wrote him how do u mp someone i really want to join his team so i can get the music, what do u do to mp someone i cant start the download till he starts the seed any help or suggestions?

leebcom,

Are you unable to download public torrents, or are you asking about how to connect with private torrents/trackers?

Private torrents/trackers have their own set of rules on top of the basics that BitTorrent clients (which µTorrent is one) must do to connect+download torrents.

I don't even know what you mean by "what do u do to mp someone".

What is "mp"?

Archived