why is the speed 0kB/s after i starting a game?

elbrujo

i have no problem with µtorrent until i start any kind of game, not online. when i'm playing, the download speed always is 0 kB/s, upload only sometimes is 0 kB/s. i'm using a belkin F5D7231-4 router, linksys WMP54gr wireless pci adapter and cable connection.

Belkin routers often cannot handle over 60 connections MAX. They also have problems with UDP packets, which are often treated as separate "connections" for each packet! UPnP is very limited at best, and causes connection overload sooner rather than later because running UPnP eats up the very limited ram in the router.

Using wireless to connect to a router generally makes any problems it has with connection max worse because wireless connections can and often do disconnect. Often they are reestablished quickly and without notice...but that too cuts into the limited resources of the router to do that over and over again. So it pays to have a "clean" Line-of-Sight to the router from the networking card (with no metal walls, microwave ovens, cordless phones, or air ionizers nearby or in between to interfere)...as well as keeping the distance between them to a minimum. Even at 20 feet distance (about 6 meters), many wireless routers have lost 1/2 of their max bandwidth. By 30-50 feet, usable bandwidth may be 1/10th or less of max. Good directional antennas (which can focus in on the router/network card instead of other emitters) can mostly overcome these limitations, but you'd have to buy expensive ones or fabricate them yourself.

You may have software that interferes with µTorrent, driving up µTorrent CPU usage. While a game is running, µTorrent may be "starved" for cpu timeslices and start dropping connections as a result. µTorrent's FAQ lists a small handful of KNOWN interfering software. Usually it's just because the software is poorly written junk that overreaches in what it tries to control on your computer. But some of the antivirus, antispyware, and firewall software are only trying to protect your computer from "bad stuff on the internet" and can be configured to work with µTorrent without problems...IF you know what settings to change!

Archived