Static IP & Port Forwarding Help!

Bal

I have a linksys WRV54G wireless router connected to a cable internet connection. I set up a static IP (192.168.1.99) and forwarded that port under the "Applications & Gaming" tab of the router set up page. But when I test to see if the port has been forwarded correctly using the button on utorrents speed guide page, it gives me an error as it is testing it with the WAN IP and not my static IP. What am I doing wrong?

The port checker is working as designed. It checks your internet WAN ip connection, not your static IP. If you have port forwarded correctly AND eliminated firewall bottlenecks for that port (but best to be firewalled otherwise!) then your computer SHOULD be able to respond back to the port check and reply back that it's not firewalled.

Software such as firewalls, antivirus, antispyware, and even viruses+trojans can potentially create firewalled conditions that prevent port checker from returning the not firewalled result.

Your modem may also contain a mini-router and/or firewall that needs to be disabled or configured.

Archived