my utorrent 1.6.1 not working

mrking

whenever i open utorrent 1.6.1 i dont get a network sign (green, yellow, red) and when i click on speed check and click on test if port is forwarded properly and i get this message Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 38515 on 67**************

OK! Port 38515 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

AFTER CLICKIN ON USE SELECTED SETTING I GET A GREEN NETWORK SINGLE FOR ONLY LESS THAN 1 MINT AND DISAPPER AGAIN AND I DONT GET A NETWORK CONNECTION...im using windows xp pro

norton internet secuity 2007

router model # WRT54GS v5

cable connection

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON...WHY MY UTORRNT NOT GETING NETWORK CONNECTION....PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPP

It may be Norton blocking after "learning" that µTorrent is acting 'hostile', it might be your ISP throttling/blocking BitTorrent traffic, and it might just be you have your µTorrent settings too high for your connection.

So for starters, what's the speed of your connection both down and up?

What are the settings you're using in µTorrent as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

download speed is 4750 kb/s

upload speed is 143 kb/s

when i open my speed guide its on xx/1bit and i also haved change it 2 others to see if that does matter but it doesnt matter and when i open my norton and checkd utorrent and its says its allow and i dont know about isp throttling/blocking bittorrent traffic

please help me

In speed guide, you should be using xx/128k or maybe xx/192k...since your upload is only 143k (kilobits/sec). You've currently got it set roughly 4 times too fast for your connection. Such a massive overload can cause firewalled conditions.

Have you changed the half open connection max in µTorrent? (That's another thing that can cause serious overload problems.)

well i have fixed the problem, now im geting a green network sing....everything is good but i dont get this my download speed is 4750 kb/s

upload speed is 143 kb/s so my conn setting should be on xx/128k or xx/192k because on my bro laptop its on current settings and his global mx upload rate is 60 and mine is 17 and my bitconn global max conn is on 90 and his is on 400 and connected peer torrent my is on 55 and his on 100...i dont get this, im useing cable conn and it show dl fast only 1 dl it saying ETA 7h 22min...i really dont get this...its very very slow on only 1 dl and im only dling only 1 movie of 1.32gb please help why my conn is slow

Archived