uTorrent halts downloading forever if the torrent file is moved

jek

Hi all.

I ran into the confusing problem: I accidentally deleted the torrent files while uTorrent was working. As the torrent files have been deleted, nothing changed -- uTorrent was continuing downloads.

But then, I exited uTorrent and rebooted the PC. When I started uTorrent again, it marked each download slot with an error message something like "Unable to open the torrent file d:\my_torrents\MyMovie.torrent".

Then, I closed uTorrent and re-downloaded the torrent files into the previous location.

THE PROBLEM: Hovewer, after restart, uTorrent seems to even doesn't try to re-open these torrent files. I cannot continue downloading, while the torrent files are now OK.

What should I do? Is it a bug? Is there a workaround?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance...

Unfortunately, it does not help :(

Neither stop, pause, start nor re-check work. uTorrent just doesn't react. BTW, my version is 1.6.1 (build 490), my OS is Windows XP SP 2.

...Meanwhile, I am free to start new torrents, they are OK. The problem is to restart old semi-downloaded stuff.

Well, actually, as I stated in my first post, the .torrent files have been restored and saved to the previous location.

The problem is that uTorrent seems to doesn't check the .torrent files again.

I think it is easy to reproduce the problem...

Oh, it really works! I just needed to remove the torrent from the list and then add it again. After re-check, downloading continued :)

Thank you very much for your help.

PS. However, I'd prefer a bit more obvious way to resume torrents ;)

Archived