Tracker Offline<timed Out>

rakeshchinta

HI...after i installed utorrent...it worked fine with gud downloadspeeds.But,after few days,there is a bug inside.All the torrents r saying,OFFLINE<TIMEOUT> WITH RED MARK.Downloads r two slow,some torrents r not even getting connected though they have more than a 500 seeds. When i tried to add the same torrents to other torrent downloading softwares like azureus,they worked fine with gud speeds.But as i love utorrent than anything else becoz of its speed nd less memory i wud like anyone to solve this bug..plz help me as soon as possible...i feel many people r getting the same bug...i wud be very thankful if u solve this .....

Firstly, please post in English, use complete sentences, and break up your ideas into different paragraphs.

Tracker offline can mean exactly that...the tracker really is offline.

The only other reason why you'd get that error is you have OVERLOADED your connection and it cannot make the needed connection/s to connect to the tracker at the moment it is attempted.

So, to eliminate the second cause...what is the speed of your connection both down and up?

Also, what settings are you using in µTorrent as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

Are you firewalled in µTorrent?

Lastly, have you changed any of µTorrent's advanced settings?

Hi switeck,thanku for ur suggestion about how to post.yup u right,i overloaded my connection.Now its working fine.Anyway,my download speed is 200k and upload is 50k.No firewall nor i changed advanced settings. Presently when i reset the connection speeds,they r working fine.thank for the info...

If you can upload close to 50 KiloBYTES/sec, then run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choose the xx/384k upload bandwidth setting. You might be able to use the xx/512k setting as well, but you may need to reduce the upload speed 1-7 KiloBYTES/sec. If you do reduce the normal upload speed, then please enable alternate upload speed and set it higher...so you give back more while just seeding.

Archived