Problems with the RSS downloader, favorites stopped working

naugas

Suddenly I noticed that some torrents that the RSS downloader should have taken care of wasn't downloaded. The matching favorites just didn't filter anything - apparently not when torrents appeared in the releases list, but also not when pressing the question mark to check manually. When making new filters, exactly the same as the previous, they started to work again.

I have made a few switches inbetween the beta versions and stable, could that have anything to do with it? Have anything changed in the way the favorites/filters are stored?

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem here for weeks now. Some filters just stopped working. When I set them up again with exactly the same settings, they work once, then stop working again. I did not change anything, it just happened.

Any ideas on that?

635CSi

What if you make "new" filters, hookahey? Do they work as they should, if you keep to the beta versions and don't switch back?

What I also would like to know from someone with insight, is if the internal format for the filters have changed in any way?

@ hookahey - first, you need to have a default download directory set up. Second, in later builds, the RSS engine respects the value the user set for "Don't start the download automatically". The next build will have a separate value to control RSS auto-downloads.

To everyone else in this thread, there seems to be a couple issues. The filters themselves haven't changed much recently, but a lot of other RSS stuff has. If you could confirm your issues with the latest build, we'll be happy to address them =)

My problem is that in order for the RSS feed to start automatically, the information in the filter must match the name of the file, but if the file name has a date or episode id in it the filter won't match it to the next time and won't download.

So, I figure I must be doing something wrong in the filter.

BTW, I am using the current beta version.

Of course, if your filter is wrong, it won't work... :) First check the documentation and other questions in the forum if you have overseen something, and continue with posting a screenshot if you still can't get it to work.

* (asterisk) to match any text of any length

? (question mark) to match any single character

| (vertical pipe) is an "or" conditional

Example: *File?A*|File?B* matches any file that contains File?A anywhere in the filename (where ? is any single character, such as a space or an underscore), or any file that begins with File?B in its filename (again, where ? is any single character).

Smart ep. filter causes µTorrent to download the first version of each new episode that matches your filter. Note that you should not enable this option if the episode number is not parseable (when ? is shown for all items under the Episode column in the Releases tab).

• 2 years later...

I have a rss feed that is setup to match alway, and smart episode filter is enabled. Whenever i update the feed it attempts to redownload everthing in the feed. Any ideas what i should do to correct this?

feed: http://www.ezrss.it/search/index.php?show_name=Mental&show_name_exact=true&date=&quality=&release_group=&mode=rss

Custom alias: mental

Automatically download all items published in feed is seleceted (although it does it regardless of which i chose)

smart ep filter is checked.

Someone please stop me from automatically attempting to download 500+ things

edit

even if i hit ctrl +r and tell it to not automatically download it does.

Archived