Port forwarding has not worked for a year, I'm tired of it

asdfasdf

I made a topic here a long time ago, and eventually ended up giving up again. I've been using Azureus with no NAT problems whatsoever, but I'm still convinced uTorrent is the better program.

When I first downloaded uTorrent, I never had any problems. As soon as I updated to 1.6, it hasn't worked since. The port is forwarded, but when I use the Speed Guide to test it, it tells me the port is not open. Well, it is. I have a another port open for Azureus, and I get a green light in there.

I do have a Linksys WRT54GS router, but underneath the router it says "v.5," so I'm assuming those firmware problems do not apply to me. I have a Motorola SB5100 SURFboard Cable Modem.

Why can I get a green light in one program, but not another? I don't think uTorrent is supposed to be as crappy as it's been for me.

Try uninstalling ZoneAlarm, enabling Windows Firewall (making sure an exception has been made for µTorrent), and connecting your computer directly to the SurfBoard -- my hunch is that the modem is the culprit, as has very often been the case for SurfBoard users.

Archived