very slow after each router restart

sallam

Greetings

I noticed this many times:

It happens sometimes that my DSL router looses the connection and so it restarts itself. When the connection comes back, the download speed of utorrent drops dramatically, from say 200kb/sec. to 2kb/sec. If then I restart utorrent, it goes back to the high download speed. But if I was not around to notice it, it keeps downloading at 2kb for hours!

Is anyone having the same problem, knows why it happens or how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance.

Yes I'm using upnp, and yes my isp gives me dynamic ip so yes it changes when the router gets reset. I guess thats why the green tick at bottom turns yellow (or is it amber?) when this happens, and stays so until I restart utorrent.

So what do I do?

is there any unattended solution?

Ermm, no, your public ip given to you by your ISP is irrelevant. If you are using upnp then u must be using DHCP on your router to assign you a private IP. Im going to assume that your private IP keeps changing every time you reset your router. Are you getting any error messages regarding upnp in the logger after you have reset your router. You may have to wait 20 mins to get a message. If no message appears then go to preferences and change your port, press apply, go back to the logger, give it a few seconds and let us know what the message in the logger says.

I've restarted my router, and the green tick in utorrent changed to yellow triangle.

I waited a few minutes but nothing happened, so I changed the port number, and in a few seconds this came up in the logger:

[19:13:49] Unable to map NAT-PMP Port.

[19:13:54] UPnP: Mapped port 42746 -> 192.168.1.80:42746

then the green tick showed up again.

btw, I've set my router so that dhcp pool always gives me the same ip address.

edit: I've set my computer to use a static IP instead, outside of the dhcp pool, to make sure I always get the same ip. Does upnp work with static IPs?

Archived