Downloads start then quickly stop

Silver_afc

Hi

Everything was going ok for a day or two and (maybe after I installed Panda antivirus) now when I open utorrent everything seems to start downloading for a minute or two and then quickly tapers off until nothing is downloading. I have tried turning Panda off and changing ports.

Also :-D since I unistalled Mozilla firefox the buttons in Speed Guide don´t work like ´Run speed test´or ´test if port is forwarded properly´.

Any help anyone?

i'm sure it is just coincidence.

but you can check to see if Panda AV has any protection for P2P file sharing.

if so just turn it off

i use Avast AV and i've got no problem.

re: FireFox i've no clue why you would not want o use FireFox, it's the best browser in the world.

Thanks, I was getting problems with Firefox. I have tried stopping Panda and it makes no difference. I just uninstalled and reinstalled utorrent and it seems to be running better but I still cant use the options in Speed Guide. How can I get them working again?

Any help would see me smiling again :-(

Thanks guys,

It isn´t the speed now that is causing problems and I am going to take a deeper look into this later on. I am working slowly becasue I haven´t really been near the technical side of PCs for years and I have just moved to Spain and as my Spanish is only ok I am having great fun with Spanish routers and software :-/ I am more interested in the Speed Guide option in utorrent and why none of the buttons there want to work now. I have reinstalled utorrent and still they don´t work since I uninstalled Firefox. I´ll look into reinstalling firefox later as this is also a newish PC and may have had an old version running anyway. I managed to open a port on my SPanish router, my girlfriend and I opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate :-D well I wish we did anyway 8-}

Archived