General tab, and tabs in general

Justonething

I should first say that U-torrent (or Mu- or alt-something-) is a near perfect application, and it's only because everyone involved with the program seems to care about making it perfect that I feel I can make this one tiny request that would make it absolutely ideal for me.

In reference to the tabs in the second half of U-torrent's default "skin", I really have no interest in the "General" tab at all. So every time I want to watch the peers tab (it's strangely addicting) I have to click on the file, and then click the peers tab.

Can it be changed please so that those tabs are adjustable? Either editable so I can remove the general tab, or movable so I can send it to the far right?

I've done all I could to figure out how to do this on my own.

Thanks for reading, and also for your hard work

Um. Huh? Why don't you just select the Peers tab, and start clicking whatever torrent you want to check peer statistics for? µTorrent remembers what tab you were last looking at, and clicking on torrent jobs does not switch back to the General tab.

You raise a good point, Utorrent could also remember the setting when it's turned back on again.

And you're also right that it doesn't seem like a big deal at first glance; but since I don't keep Utorrent (or my computer) on all day, and I only download small things, and turn it off when I'm done if seeding makes my internet run slow, then sometimes I make that click multiple times a day. Perhaps I should have explained that earlier?

If it's too much trouble to implement a change like that, then fine. It's obviously not a big deal. But nobody else seemed to have made the suggestion, and I can't be the only person who finds that annoying. Why not bring it up?

I know what he's saying... being able to move around the tabs, and have them enabled or disabled, same as we can do with the column headers.

Not the same way of course... tabs instead of headers... but to be able to show/hide tabs and change the order they're presented, same thing like that.

(I'm all for this btw)

(tho on a re-read, he probably just wants it to remember the last selected tab. :) )

-- Smoovious

Archived