I Can't Delete The Utorrent Folder In %appdata% Because It Is Corrupt

cpellew

I can't delete the utorrent folder in %AppData% because it says that a file or directory is corrupted and therefore can't be deleted. The file with in the folder that can't be deleted is the resume.dat file. the error code is 0x80070570. What do I do?

sorry about firon. i did what u suggested. i went to "RUN" typed in "chkdsk". But a window briefly appeared for a second then went away. I tried to delete the folder again and i get the same message about how the folder is corrupt and unreadable. What should I do now?

I did what u guys suggested but it still doesn't work. The message in the cmd is "Access denied as you do not have sufficient privilages. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode. The same message came up when i typed ran cmd then entered chkdsk /R. I have Vista. What do I do now?

You need admin command prompt. (example asumes you have Vista start menu and not classic)

"For example, to launch an elevated command prompt, simply press the Win key; type cmd; press Ctrl+Shift+Enter; and then hit Alt+C to confirm the elevation prompt."

Then try it

i think the problem is solved. i reinstalled utorrent. then i looked at another post about the same problem and someone suggested to close utorrent and rename the utorrent folder "utorrent_old". i did that opened utorrent downloaded a file. and I haven't seen the message since. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.:)

I decided to try out your suggestion anyways just to see what would happen. Here it is:

This type of file system is NTSF

Cannot lock current drive

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? [Y/N]

I chose Y. I'm gonna restart my computer and see what happens.

Archived