Utorrent problems

nicky77

Hiya,

recently I switched clients to Utorrent, since Azureus hogs al my ram, but am experiencing some problems... Basically, when I choose a file from this specific community torrent site and add it to Utorrent via the 'add URL' option, I get this little window saying that it's getting the file but it just stalls, never actually proceeding with the download. What to do?

Thnx peeps!

ps. it works great with other sites, newnova etc, just not with this membership site...

No, basically I do actually get the URL, copy it into utorrent and tell it to download. Then you get the little window you always see while it's getting the file from specified location but the window stays, the green meter goes up to about half-way and it stays like that...

I know what you're saying. But what I'm trying to say is that µTorrent doesn't log into private tracker sites for you. It can't possibly do that, since there's an infinite number of ways to do so (NTLM? .htaccess? Database? A million other ways). The bar probably gets stuck because µTorrent doesn't know what to do with the error message that the server sends back to it.

I'm not very up to date on the latest happenings in the IRC channel (since I don't join it), but from the forum posts, I haven't seen any evidence that µTorrent is going to support site logins to download torrents. As I said earlier, there is an infinite number of ways to log in (if you assume that people don't name their form elements the same), and µTorrent can't possibly support all of them (at least I don't think so O.o)

Archived