how do i open torrents...

justinbeard06

I was downloading some files in utorrent before it crashed and i had to reinstall it. Before I reinstalled it, i moved the files that i was downloading from the download folder. Once I reinstalled it the torrents were still in utorrent but they had restarted, so i canceled them and removed them from the download folder. After that I put the files that I had moved earlier in the folder. How do I resume those downloads?

you resume those downloads by stopping the torrents, doing a force recheck on them so they get credited with the data you already have... then start them again...

but... you've already removed the .torrents... unnecessarily, I might add... (you even moved the files unnecessarily)

So... now you have to download the .torrent files again, and reload them back same as you did last time... point their download paths, to the same places they were before... then force-recheck on them so they get credited with the data you already have... then start them again...

BTW... µTorrent is programmed to handle crashes gracefully... there should have been no reason to reinstall it, move your downloaded data, or remove the .torrents from the list. Just start the client back up again, and µTorrent will automatically recheck the torrents you had active at the time, and start right back up where you left off...

-- Smoovious

Archived