Error:The filename,directory name,or volume label syntax is incorrect.

galapogos

Hi,

I occasionally get the above error when I try to download some torrents with unicode file/torrent names. This doesn't happen on all unicode file/torrents, only a couple of them, and I have to revert to BitComet to download them. Is this related to unicode or is there something else going on? If so, why does it only affect a few files and not all unicode ones?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am using V1.3 build 364 and I have this problem permanently if I leave folder options set to ask me each time. I usually save to a network drive. This is with all torrents not files with unicode characters that I can see.

If I set folder options to a location it works fine. This is the only BT client that I have used that does this. I have used Bitcomet for ages but have now moved to utorrent and like it but....

snarler45: http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Does_.C2.B5Torrent_support_UNC-style_paths_.28e.g._.2F.2F192.168.1.2.2FC.24.2F_.29_.2F_network_drives.3F

µTorrent doesn't support UNC-style paths yet. It seems to work with single files, but not with folders.

Thanks I use mapped drives usually. I will live with the bug by changing the save directory in the options files menu. I expect somebody will fix this soon.

Archived