Up and Down speed seems capped!

zokie

Hi I got a 100/10 mbps connection and while running all sorts of speed test the worst I've go has been 9.5 mbps but when running uTorrent my up and download speed is always capped at a max of 1.2 mbps each. I am correctly forwarded and everything works swell, it's just the speeds that aren't as fast as I want them...

Does anyone have any ideas?

µTorrent shows speeds in megabytes per second. You're thinking in megabits per second. The max upload speed for a 10 megabit per second connections *is* theoretically 1.25 megabytes per second. You're already near your connection's maximum.

You probably should run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choose the xx/10mbit setting -- this matches your UPLOAD bandwidth limit. By doing so, on torrents with lots of peers+seeds, your download should exceed your upload speed at least occasionally.

Try tweaking individual settings further by small amounts if results are bad, but don't double them and expect anything other than disaster. Ironically, halving them (such as global max connections) CAN improve speeds...if you're connecting to mostly good peers and seeds.

Archived