Connection Problem

SlowPioson

My upload and download speeds are non-existent after I re-installed some windows updates. I used to run on an upload rate of about 156kb/sec and a 88kb/s down, but now, apart from being inactive most of the time, it will sporadically bump up to about 4.2kb/sec upload rate, then climb back down to zero in a matter of seconds.

on that same not I also can't seem to browse the net with my Utorrent active, any idea around that, Kindly holla at a brother thank you in adv. Please help me sorry if i sound harsh....any help will be appreciated

Cool

Exactly the same problem with me. I have been troubleshooting it for days now. No improvement. Like yourself, i also get a sporadic maximum of 4.2kb/s

Anyone else has any such issue after installing windows updates?

Or any solutions? The ports are all open, the connection limit in windows xp has also been bypassed.

More information is needed...

Even the troubleshooting guide won't tell you the "best" settings for your connection.

It is based on your connection's speed both down AND up, whether you have any "weak" networking hardware or software in your computer+connection setup, and even whether you're typically trying to get mostly "dead" torrents or ones with 100's of seeds.

So telling us your connection's bandwidth both down AND up is a good start.

...Followed by the settings you're currently trying to use as shown by the Speed Guide (CTRL+G) window.

Archived