Hidden preferences dialog?

javalang

Hi,

I found somehting very unusual when I tried to open the Preferences dialog. I pressed its button several times but no dialog opened. I thougth it was a modal window so I cannot open it behind the main window. Then I tried to open the About box but the result was the same. I hope you can tell ma what to do to avoid the happening of it.

Here is a video about my tries: http://datastore.uw.hu/utorrent.avi

After program restart it worked properly again.

And this is (reliably) reproducible? Even from a clean install of µTorrent? I really couldn't imagine this being a µTorrent bug as much as I can see it being a Windows issue. I've seen plenty of window focusing problems with Windows.

It might be Windows related issue but then I am supposed to experience other focus problem in other programs but I cannot find any other stucked back window. The only indicator of the problem is that the help popup label shows up behind the Windows taskbar.

I didn't post my problem here because I wanted to report as a bug I just needed answer you knew about such issue.

Doubtful that that's the problem, as the preferences dialog (and any other µTorrent dialog) always opens at the center of the µTorrent window unless the µTorrent window is far off screen enough that forces the childen dialogs off the screen (in which case it'll simply reposition the dialogs at the edge of the screen).

@javalang: If you posted in the Found Bugs forum, then you were posting here to report this as a bug. You haven't answered my questions... If it is reproducible, have you tried the latest 1.7 betas?

Archived