red light problem

deadman666

i have a bit of a problem here. as of right now i have four torrents going but i have a red light saying that i firewall is blocking connections. i can download and upload just fine. i have all firewalls set to allow utorrent. i say that this is unusual. is it best to get rid of the firewalls themselves? this is confusing.

nah.... dont worry my ZA was blocking incoming connections at rate of 10/second and it was all related to the port used by utorrent in the last use... and funny this was happening even after i closed UT and restarted my system... it would happen long period of time after i would turn off my system and turn it back on.... like utorrent wouldnt be running on a fresh cold boot in XP and no other software was usin my dsl connection but Zonealarm was showing blocked intrusions in a very nutz manner! lol

u be aite... thats a symptom of a p2p software and most likely many firewalls will have this issue with p2p softwares in general!

if u want switch to a little smarter FW... im no good @ recommending any but ask around or google it u'll get it...

god i hope im right on this answer since im not quite sure... Oh well exact same thing happened to me and i've been just fine...

Other people are still running BitTorrent programs even when you close µTorrent. Their programs will retry your ip to see if you're running µTorrent again. That's working as designed, even if your firewall software doesn't like it.

Real world equivalent:

People may not know you're not at home until they call you, so sometimes the phone may ring when you're not there.

Archived