µTorrent RC1 Vista Bugs

Pixelated

Hello,

I downloaded and started µTorrent RC1 in Vista x32 and could not map UPnP.I must have tried 10 or so different ports.Also when I started a torrent and looked down in the General tracker URL area, it was scanning through the trackers very very fast. After 2 minutes or so it crashed. The only thing I could think of that might help was to change the gui.update_rate to 2000.This didn't work so I then bumped it up to 4000 effectively quadrupling the refresh rate.After thinking about it again I was almost sure another setting controlled the tracker probe interval.However this did help enough for it to remain running but was using a lot more memory.

I have been using beta 1703 under Vista x32 since it is the latest version I have been able to get the ports to map with.As soon as I loaded up beta 1703 there were no problems.

I saw one of the Devs or Admins posted that Vista is fully supported now and by the sound of it you are close to releasing 1.7 stable as long as there are no more bugs.I hope this is not the case otherwise I will be stuck using 1703.Any insight on was may be causing the problems would be much appreciated.

Thanks to all the people working on the project for free or otherwise.

Definitely get us a process list... Get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, File > Save, then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here.

And gui.update_rate determines exactly how often µTorrent cycles to the next tracker in the tracker field in the General tab, so it's weird that it would go speeding...

Thanks fro the reply,

I'm using a Linksys PCI-Wireless Adapter.My router which is in another room is a Belkin WGT624 and UPnP is enabled.The Belkin Firewall is off as is my Windows Firewall.I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0.2.621.I have tried shutting down KIS and then rebooting but still have the same problems.Don't be surprised at the small number of processes running because I have disabled most of the useless Vista services.If you need a more detailed list let me know.

Here's the Process List:

Logfile of RunAlyzer 0.7.0. Copyright © 2000-2007 Safer Networking Limited. All rights reserved.

Scan saved at 6/29/2007 5:07:12 PM

Platform: Windows Vista (Build: 6000) (6.0.6000)

Running processes:

C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0.2.621\avp.exe

C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe

C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe

C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe

C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\Windows\system32\services.exe

C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe

C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe

C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe

C:\Program Files\Safer Networking\RunAlyzer\RunAlyzer.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0.2.621\avp.exe

C:\Program Files\SRS Labs\Audio Sandbox\SRSSSC.exe

C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\khalshared\KHALMNPR.EXE

C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe

Thank You

That's still a lot of processes to me :P Even with a bunch of applications open, I generally have a total of 18 processes running (granted, I'm using XP, but whatever :D).

In any case, try temporarily uninstalling KIS and testing (enable Windows Firewall if you're worried about security). Simply exiting the security software won't remove its hooks from the OS.

*EDIT*

Thanks a lot Ultima and Mr. Norton for helping me reach a solution.

It turns out that it was the Kaspersky application integrity guard that was causing the problems. KIS blocks or alerts you when the PID on an executable changes, in case spyware injected itself into a program.It was alerting me and I was allowing it to run but for some reason it wouldn't allow it to run completely.It would allow 1703 because it already had a history but not RC1. So I added it to the exceptions list and I now have RC2 running and the port mapping was successful. It's a beautiful thing!

If someone else runs into similar problems you can point them to this thread.

Thanks again Guys :)

Archived