Please help...Getting error "Error: The device is not ready"

Jimi2

Hi,

I have been having some trouble with utorrent over the past couple of days. When I click on a torrent file to download, it goes into the "Do you want to open or save this file?" screen & when I click on open & it changes to the utorrent screen I keep getting an error "Error: The device is not ready". I have checked & rechecked everything within the utorrent page of the program & eveything seems fine.

Would someone please point me in the right direction to fix this problem or please tell me what I need to do to remedy this problem. I have been using utorrent for quit sometime now & love the program. This has never happend before.

I hope to hear from someone soon!!

Many thanks,

Jimi2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. But i'm new to this. But I keep getting the same error, device not ready. It only happens with 1.7.1

I'm using Vista Home Premium with Norton internet security. The torrent starts to download but when it gets to 0.2% I get the error message. Files are being saved to a hard drive, not a removable or external drive. Everything hunky dory and OK when I go back to 1.6.1 with the same settings.

System is:

AMD Athlon 64 3800

1.5 gig ram

1 250 gig SATA drive

1 80gig ide drive

256mb nvidia graphics on PCI Express

1 NEC DVD Writer

1 Pioneer DVD Writer

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

D_Stock

Archived