Tracker updates for queued torrents prevent queueing rules

c123

Hi all,

I just switched from Azureus to uTorrent due to problems with tracker updates (some missing hash, most likely a tracker bug) and till now I am quite happy with what I see in uTorrent. Definitely smaller :) and nice feature set.

One thing is still bothering me: I have many torrents in the seeding list, and most are queued (Queued Seed state reported). Well, for all these torrents, there are no tracker updates (even though I enabled the advanced option bt.scrape_stopped - reads true and a small asterisk sign). If there are no tracked updates, how can the seed/peer ratio be used to decide which torrents get seed priority in the queue? To me it looks like they are rotated in a timely manner. Am I stupid or what? :)

Thanks for the help.

How can I diagnose further what is going on? On my utorrent I can definitely see the behavior that for all queued seeds there are no tracker updates, does not matter which tracker is there. So it does not look like a tracker problem.

This makes utorrent queuing pretty much useless.

I am looking at the torrent details for queued seeds. It displays only the tracker URL and that the DHT is not allowed, but nothing in the tracker status, nor in the "Update in". Also, all queued seeds display 0 seeds, 0 leechers, 0 in swarm in the torrent details (Transfer section) and in the list.

Archived