Modem affect utorrent?

adamkemp2001

Hi I just had a question and was wondering if a cable modem would affect utorrent working properly and port forwarding. I spoke to someone the other day on another site and he told me my cable modem wouldn't be able to port forward and that the ISP would have to do it. I am using a cable modem Scientific Atlanta 2100 and its not listed on portforward nor does setting up a static ip work for me. If its true then I don't understand it because utorrent has worked for the last few months and then i changed firewall and hasn't worked since. I now have no firewall except windons one and still nothing. Juts at best 0.5kB downloads. Woo... Please help!

P.s Would it be easier to just buy a new modem?

Ok so it could be my modem but then it might not since it worked with zonealarm but that caused utorrent to crash alot. Hmmm im stuck because I can't seem to access setup on my modem to portforward but don't know if doing it right and I need my utorrent back. :( Downloads peeked at 1kB last night woo.

Downloads peeked at 1kB last night woo.

How many peers are you connected to? If the answer is more than "two", then it's highly likely that port-forwarding isn't your problem. A significant, if not majority, percentage of torrent-traders are not port-forwarded.

Archived