1.7.2 using massive resources

neosatus

Hi, ever since installing 1.7.2 from 1.7.1 µTorrent is using 50-60% of my cpu bringing my use of all other applications to a slow crawl. I did a little searching around for threads of a similar situation but didn't find any. Other than that everything else is fine, connection, DHT, speed's normal etc. Is anyone experiencing this at all?

I know it will asked if i use a AV/Firewall and I do, NOD32, but have never had issues with it and I already tried turning it off and the problem persists...until i turn µTorrent off that is, and then cpu is back down to under 5% which is where it usually is even running all other previous versions of µ.

Thanks in advance for any advice/info.

Thanks for the response.

Primary IDE Channel: Transfer Mode: has DMA if Available selected. Current Transfer Mode: Not Applicable. Both Device 0 and Device 1 report the same.

Secondary IDE Channel: Transfer Mode: has DMA if Available selected. Current Transfer Mode: Ultra DMA Mode 2. Device 0 and Device 1 are the same here as well.

Device status of all: working properly.

Hm. Get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, File > Save, then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here.

And for NOD32, try putting µTorrent in the exception list for IMON, or at least try disabling IMON.

Actually I did disable IMON before I tried disabling NOD altogether and haven't re-enabled it yet, or even had NOD running since. I wanted to isolate that variable as I try to find cause of the problem as removing NOD as a factor didn't have any effect.

Thanks for the suggestion--I'll try doing that later tonight.

Archived