Upload / Download speeds

pleecon

Any one know why my upload speed is faster then my download speed? im on 8mb DSL.

If you need any more info plz post here and ill post it

Edit: i fixed this issue but im only getting 30ks D/L ..this is very slow for 8mb, i have followed all the speed info i can find and yet its still slow

My download speed isn't limited .. and i had set my UL speed to near what you said poffin. It's very strange how it works when my DL speed will jump all over the place like it will go upto 80ks DL then come back down to 20ks-30ks while my UL speed is a constant 40ks ..

The slackware torrents are seeded by true broadband connections often with an excess of 1 MEGABYTE/sec upload speed. Most people don't have connections 1/10th that fast...so on "regular" torrents your download speed doesn't reach such high levels.

The way to maximize your download speed is to find the upload speed sweet spot that doesn't lower download speed any...and set upload slots low enough to attract fast peers but high enough to get more than 1 or 2 of them. For me, that means about 5-20 TOTAL upload slots between all my active torrents. (Typically 3-7 upload slots per torrent.) I have ~42 KiloBYTES/sec upload speed max, so my average upload slot speed is at least 2 KiloBYTES/sec.

Archived