uTorrent as invisible?

ilovetorrents

Is it possible to make uTorrent virtually invisible? I mean, it will show in CTRL+ALT+DEL, but not anywhere else, especially in the area beside the clock (forgot what that area is called...) --- I know there are lots of "programs" that do this, supposedly to make certain programs run fast, or to watch other stuff and what not.

Perhaps there is a command-line for this?

Boss-key. You can set this in the µtorrent preferences in the Other menu. But, no. It won't make your computer run any faster with it hidden.

By the way, the area down there by the clock is called a system tray, or just "tray". :P

Thanks! I've now set my bosskey and can now make uTorrent visible and "invisible." Nice!

However, can I set it so that uTorrent starts (at startup) as "invisible" immediately? There is (or "was"?) a bug with uTorrent starting minimized, but seems to be working properly in that area now.

Changing the startup entry in the Registry is a little... b0rked in 1.7. µTorrent reacts strictly, and reverts the startup Run entry in the Registry back to default (without the command line option).

What you can probably do is

1) enable automatic startup in µTorrent

2) go to the Registry entry as shown in msconfig (should be HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\, but I may be wrong)

3) rename the "µTorrent" entry to something else

4) disable automatic startup in µTorrent

5) edit the renamed entry to include the command line option

6) [OPTIONAL] rename the entry back to "µTorrent"

Funky, but I think µTorrent only reverts if it is told to add the startup entry. Er, I haven't tested the above, but it should work xD

If it doesn't, the next best thing would be to create a shortcut in Start > Programs > Startup.

Archived