Newer uTorrent builds corrupting rars

hacktek

Hey what's up. What has been going on with uTorrent lately? Version 1.7.1 is banned almost everywhere and 1.7.2 is downloading a bunch of corrupted rars for me, it doesn't matter the torrent or the tracker. Most of the time now i have to check the rars (which i didn't have to before because it was very reliable) and download 5-10 files again because they get corrupted. Does this happen to anyone else? Thanks!

Hmm that is strange since it never happened using an older version. I'll go back to 1.6 and see if it happens and if it does then it probably has to do with my ide cable or something along those lines. It's still strange since it started with 1.7.x

hacktek,

Do you have Preferences > BitTorrent > Limit local peer bandwidth option enabled? (this functionality was introduced in 1.7)

If no - enable it. Without this option enabled utorrent can gain enormous memory/disk load if you are lucky to download something popular and have a large local network.

Well my local network is not large, only my pc and 2 other laptops that are off most of the time. I can pretty much confirm this has to do either with my ide cable or my raid adapter. Let me explain a bit:

I could not have 2 hard drives on my IDE bus because it would create a bottleneck with my graphics card. My solution was to install a PCI-RAID adapter and use the hard drive from there. It's worked fine up until now.

I confirmed it's not uTorrent since i rolled back to 1.6 and tried to redownload corrupted files and they were downloaded corrupted again. I am not playing much on the computer anymore so i'll put the hard drive on the pc's ide bus and see if it still happens.

Archived