Slow download and config issue for U-torrent

studbee

I am using u-torrent 1.7.2. At the bottom of the page, there is a small yellow triangle which says that my network config is not correct. I have researched so much on this and everything is pointing to port is not forwarded. However, i think that only applies if a router is in use, for me i have no router. I clicked on the yellow trianglechecked and it says my current port is 48189. Do i have to leave it blank if i have no router?

I have already allowed u-torrent in my windows firewall. My download speed is only max 4kbps. My band speed is about 1Mb.

Can someone assit me coz it's so frustrating to see the speed so slow.

With satellite connections, you're pretty much guaranteed firewalled in µTorrent. They can't be forwarded...because you'd have to port-forward the satellite too. :P

You'll probably need to use the xx/64k setting in Speed Guide (CTRL+G)...or slower!

Try Ultima's Troubleshooting guide to hopefully get a little better speed:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

Nice to know you even get 4 KiloBYTES/sec max download at all!

Reduce your per-torrent and global connections max to maybe 20-30 connections total...since you don't seem to top 4 KiloBYTES/sec download. Even 2 mediocre peers/seeds you connect to will max you out anyway. :(

Thanks Switeck, i will do that and see what happens. How about that yellow triangle, nothing can be done about that? At home, i have wireless DSL but i do not have a router, the DSL provider has a box where it picks up the signal and from the box a cat5 cable is hooked up to my pc. In that case do i still need to forward a port for u-torrent? The DSL speed is about 0.5Mbps so will my download speed increase? What shall be the global connection settings be when i get back on dry land!

If you can't port-forward EVERY router between you and the internet AND you're given a LAN ip for your connection (such as 192.168.x.x 10.x.x.x or 172.16-31.x.x) then you are guaranteed permanently firewalled. And I already said you can't (legally!) port-forward satellites. :P

Guess i'm stuck with slow downloads till i get back ashore. Pls revert on my question about my land wireless DSL connnection. What should i do for that? Is that box fitted on my wall outside my house a router? It has a CAT5 cable hooked up to my pc. Haven't tried running u-torrent ashore as i just came to know about torrent files here onboard.

Archived