All Files Disappear

wildkarrrde

Hi,

Ive been using utorrent for about 6 months. Never had a problem.

Last week after rebooting i found that all the files (8 of them) had disapeared. Although, they were in the download folder uncompleted. Since then everytime you log off the files disappear and its as if you've downloaded the utorrent file for the 1st time. It asks you for the options etc etc.

Would you know whats causing this and how to get it working again.

Thanks

Try this:

How can I share my torrents between user profiles / make µTorrent run self-contained in one directory?

Simply copy the entire contents of %AppData%\uTorrent into the same folder as utorrent.exe. Alternatively, create a blank file named Settings.dat in the same folder as uTorrent.exe, if you'd like to start out fresh (no settings/torrents). If using it in a multi-user environment, this folder should be accessible and writeable by all users so they can share settings and resume data.

BTW wildkarrrde and MaskTO, where is uTorrent saving the torrents you load into it? Maybe some program's accessing that directory and deleting the torrents. Can you check to see if some indexers (Windows, Google, Roxio etc.) are running?

Hi,

The files are downloaded to a download folder. Which I believe was created automatically on installation of Utorrent.

The files are still there. They just say the completed when their not. You cant even download the torrent again so it will continue from where it left off. When you try that it says that you have already downloaded the torrent.

Is very annoying to say the least.

Archived