redownload file

drpiety

I just had two corrupted torrents in my done folder. I wonder why UT has admitted them. Now after checking them with winrar i found two parts of the rar damaged. I just thought UT is so intelligent i will just hop into the files menue and rightklick and choose redownload for those two corrupted parts. Uhm well no, there is no such option. So here comes the work you have to do for now: delete the two parts from disk go to UT again, stop the seeding torrent, force recheck, wait until finished, start the paused torrent, move it up to download.

nice would be redoanlod as right context menue and immediate download of the damaged part at first position. Even better would be keep the non damaged part of the damaged part and only replace the crc failed bit (unsure if possible as UT has admited the corrupted one).

If the files were corrupted after it finished, you have a problem that isn't µTorrent's fault.

However, you can stop the torrent, and hit Force Re-check to check the file and remove any parts that don't match the hash. It has to re-check all the files/pieces to determine what is corrupted and what is not, this is the same for all other clients. You can't just tell it to recheck and re-download a certain file, it's just not something you can do.

If the file passes the re-check, it means the original files in the torrent were corrupted, and that is the uploader's fault.

It probably did check after downloading, but I'm gonna assume it's most likely checking the piece while it's still in the cache (as in, not written to the USB drive yet). It had to have gotten corrupted when it got written to the disk.

There's no check after finishing, you have to do it manually (since it's not necessary most of the time)

Archived