DHT: Waiting to log in

dj_savage

Hi

My utorrent 1.7.2 was working fine up until 2 days ago. I now can't download anything and just have the message DHT: Waiting to log in. I have followed the advice in the user guides on this site and still makes no difference. I have disabled the firewall on my Belkin router and still the same result. I have even tried install the utorrent on a fresh Windows install and she no response. Does anybody know what is happening?

Thanks

Hi

I have now got the problem sorted thanks to help from people here. I removed the utorrent from my firewall and added it again and changed to port on my router and it solved the problem. I still don't know why the problem occured as nothing on my system had changed but I am downloading again.

"as nothing on my system had changed"

With all the stuff that auto-updates nowdays...as well as just surfing the web in general, computers change daily in small ways.

It could also be a virus/trojan/spyware, which by their nature they wouldn't WANT you to know they just installed themselves. :(

Belkin routers cannot handle high levels of connections...DHT alone is possibly too much for them. So too is allowing a high Global connection limit (over 100) or half open rates of more than 8. (Even 8 may be too much!)

Archived