Upload problems

Klaus_1250

In the most recent versions of uTorrent, I'm having problems uploading.

My line is 122KB/s up 516KB/s down max, and I usually set p2p-apps to 80-100KB/s up. Cfos 4.xx is used for traffic shaping, making sure the line doesn't get clogged.

With uTorrent 1.6.1, no problem. I can upload at 80 or 100KB/s and download with speeds over 200KB/s. With 1.7.x (currently 1.7.5), uploadspeeds never go above 60KB/s and usually end up at ~50KB/s. No matter what settings I try. The odd thing is that when I set speeds to Automatic, I get almost a straight line at 50KB/s up. Back to uTorrent 1.6.1 and I have full upload capacity again. Same goes for other p2p apps (eMule, Forstwire, Shareaza), uploading 80 or 100KB/s and downloading is no problem.

After looking in the Advanced Settings, I noticed the bt.auto_ul_ settings. I've tried to change using the info in the uTorrent user Manual, but no luck. Even if I set bt.auto_ul_min to 81920, uTorrent keeps uploading at a meager 50KB/s.

Is there any setting I can change that reverts the uploading bahavior in 1.7.5 back to that of 1.6.1? Can I turn off the Auto Uploading completely?

No firewalls (CFos firewall is also not activated). Connecting through a WRT54G with DD-WRT. Tried with both Automatic on and off. With on, there was a clear line at 50KB/s, with it turned off, there was a less defined line, but still around 50KB/s.

Going down memory-line, the first time I saw the automatic checkbox (somewhere in the 1.7-series), I tried it and it worked OK, e.g. it set itself around 100KB/s. Guess I'll try a few older versions in the 1.7 series to see what their behaviour is.

Will report back...

Just as a note, bt.auto_ul_min doesn't tell µTorrent what the lowest upload rate should be; it determines the lowest max upload rate to set. That means it won't force upload rates to be at least bt.auto_ul_min; it simply means that if the tested upload rate is lower than bt.auto_ul_min, it'll use bt.auto_ul_min as the max upload rate limit instead of the sampled speed.

Archived