utorrent 1.7.2 > 1.7.5 crashes

MaSTeRMinD

I noticed that utorrent from version 1.7.2 and newer including the last one 1.7.5 are crashing when downloading big torrents to a mapped network drive. Im using windows vista ultimate 32bit. The both torrents i expirenced crashes were big. One 12GB and one 22GB. Right before the crash computer gets slow, when i check processes utorrent is using about 1,6 GB of RAM. i have 2 GB Total. The strange thing is that i tried with older version of utorrent and there is no such problem. I have 1.6.1 build 483 and everythink is okay with it.

From windows logs

Faulting application uTorrent.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x46e71281, faulting module uTorrent.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x46e71281, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0000f09d, process id 0xed4, application start time 0x01c7feb8579dc740.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 20:52 ч., on 26.9.2007 г.

Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16512)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe

C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe

C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe

C:\Program Files\UltraVnc\winvnc.exe

C:\Users\MaSTeRMinD\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Users\MaSTeRMinD\Desktop\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

It has nothing to do with processes. Im almost 100% shure it is related to the local peers problem that did not get fixed in 1.7.5. Im not downloading form local peers. Im not downloading other torrents at this time. Im only seeding to local peers, but this must not be a problem. I guess that the problem apears, when lets say i download with 1000K, but the upload speed to the network share is 500K. Utorrent keeps downloading with 1000K to a point that consumes too much RAM and crashes. With older versions there is no such problem. Utorrent 1.6.1 behaviour is to autolimit itself to the bandwidth available for upload to the network share. This way it never crashes or gets RAM eating.

P.S. And about the other problem with local peers. From what im observing is that utorrent removes all limits if it sees any local peers. I think that its supposed to be a per torrent not globally for all torrents. Also when limit local peers is checked the downlod speed is awful. Im talking about no global limits and no per torrent limits, but speed drops to 10-20 K from 1000K.

Archived