Problem with Power Managment

Luftschiff

Hey there.

I'm having a Problem with my new Laptop and it going into Standby (or something similar, what happens is that the Windows Screensaver turns itself on (although I have disabled it) and when I move the mouse it asks me to reenter my password ) while my torrents are downloading.

I have of course already changed all the Power Settings as to prevent Standby and the option to prevent it from going into Standby in uTorrent is also checked but it isn't helping so I'm kinda clueless what to do.

The Laptop is an Asus Pro031 (which resembles the F3JV) and I'm running Vista Home Premium.

Thanks for the Help

manuel

ummm... screensaver and standby are different... torrents should continue downloading when a screensaver is running; screensavers just change what the screen is displaying. Standby puts the computer in a reduced power mode; it isn't fully on nor fully off.

If you want to turn off the screensaver too though, you can get to that via right click on desktop -> properties -> screen saver

O.o

Grab HijackThis, run it, and post the log here...? I doubt we'll get very far with that, but it's better than nothing, as I've very little clue as to why this might be happening (other than possible user error somewhere)... It's fairly certain to ben an external issue as you can check µTorrent using Process Monitor, and see that it's not modifying any Windows internal settings -- Registry or otherwise.

Archived