Downloads erased after shutdown due to power failure...

torque

I am using utorrent 1.2.2. My UPS is off to service, and so while downloading, after a power failure when i open utorrent again to continue the download, it shows 0.0% and starts downloading from the scratch. Nothing exists even in the drive where i saved the download...

I've used ABC client before, and never experienced such problems...what could be the problem...??

it has minimal posibility but maybe after power failure utorrent has turned back to default settings and i think you should check folder options in utorrent

it doesnt look like an utorrent failure,you should check your hdd by using hdd doctor or other programs,because all your downloaded data must be in your hdd.

Actually i used another torrent client yesterday also, and there was a power failure...but after i started the torrent client, it started to continue from where it left...and no data loss as in case of utorrent.

there are no problems with my hdd, i confirmed this with one of my friends whom i recommended to use utorrent...but he got bugged up using utorrent because of this data loss problem...

The torrent file does not disappear....the downloaded data gets disappeared after a power failure. Say for eg. 45% of a particular file is downloaded, now suppose a power failure occurs and after i start my comp. (when the power returns back), the torrent starts downloading the file from 0%(as if i am starting a new download), now that 45% of downloaded data gets disappeared...

• 5 weeks later...
I've never heard of the FILES disappearing, only the torrent list disappearing...

If it was just the torrent list, that should be fixed for the next release.

Has that release appeared? I asked considering the date of your post. And also considering that I'm having the same problem (torrent list disappearing after power failure) and I'm using the 1.3.364 release.

Archived