Suddenly Stopped Downloading

NotDave

All of a sudden my download speed is at 0, occasionally rising a few tenthes before returning, but my upload speed is going as fast as normal. This started a few nights ago, but up until then I've been using uTorrent for several months without any hitches. I had my port forwarded properly through my router and my firewall, though I changed the port, I changed the firewall and router to forward the new port, and it still the same. The port forward test clears. All my trackers claim to be online, and they must if I'm still uploading. I have DHT disabled for a torrent site that tracks your Up/Download ratio.

Halp please. Also, I'm sorry if this should have gone in "Speed Problems," but I thought since I'm not getting any speed at all, it would probably go here.

No, I'm on SBC AT&T Yahoo whatever they're calling themselves and I don't think I saw their name on there.

I tried most of the things in the Troubleshooting guide, and it seemed to help a little. The slackware torrent gets up in the 50 kb/s range, so I guess my problems are torrent/tracker related. Sorry for the false alarm.

Yes, that's the measured speeds...but what speeds did your ISP say you're supposed to get?

(Alot of the times, rated and measured differ -- sometimes for the better!)

If you're getting 1024 kilobits/sec download bandwidth for your connection, then the slackware torrent should hit 80+ KiloBYTES/sec.

I did a variety of speed tests and the highest I was clocked in at was 1300 kpbs and the lowest was 1100. Upload was even around 330 kpbs. The slackware torrent was way up in 105 kb/s when I tried it this time.

Also that's about what I should be getting from the company. 386 kbps to 1.25 mbps

Archived